The Quebec Port Authority (QPA), an autonomous organization with shared governance, pursues the mission of developing maritime trade and thus contributing to the economic development of the Quebec region and that of Canada as a whole. The APQ draws its revenues from its port, commercial and real estate activities such as the transshipment of solid and liquid bulk, international cruises and the activities of Espaces Dalhousie to name just a few examples. Aware of the strategic geographic positioning as well as the exceptional urban qualities which characterize the territory it occupies, the organization wishes to grow efficiently and in harmony with the human and natural environment in which it operates.
Reporting to the Director of the Environment, member of the APQ management team, the position holder participates in various environmental monitoring activities, both at the level of operations on the port territory and in the environment. integration, particularly through monitoring of air quality. He ensures the proper functioning of environmental measurement equipment, carries out inspections and implements preventive and corrective measures.
The Quebec Port Authority adheres to the principle of employment equity and applies an employment equity access program for women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and people with disabilities. i>
The use of the masculine form is only intended to lighten the text.
- Carry out environmental monitoring of works or construction sites in the port area and report any incidents observed;
- Prepare the sampling schedule and carry out sampling according to it (soil, water, noise and ambient air);
- Change the filters and filter tanks of all stations 2 to 3 times a week;
- Prepare sampling materials for the weekend replacement;
- Receive the material from the laboratory and enter it in the inventory;
- Identify the transshipment activities of the week, prepare samples and request analyzes from the laboratory;
- Validate the data collected by the equipment according to established standards;
- Produce the monthly validation report;
- Carry out site inspections and ensure the implementation of preventive and corrective measures.
- Ensure general maintenance of all air quality monitoring devices, noise measuring stations and gull monitoring devices;
- Establish and monitor a preventive maintenance program, including associated procedures and records;
- Calibrate the measuring devices while respecting the calibration and maintenance methods and procedures;
- Identify, study and diagnose breakdowns, irregularities and equipment failures and quickly apply preventive and corrective measures;
- Analyze alarms for exceeding and malfunctioning measuring instruments;
- Enter maintenance, repair and calibration activities in Isovision;
- Keep the inventory of equipment spare parts up to date;
- Update station maps and descriptive sheets;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the calibration equipment and send it externally for annual certification;
- Search for sites for the mobile station and dismantle, move and install measuring stations, when required;
- Write technical notes;
- Participate in environmental audits;
- Compile the data collected in the field and those received from the laboratory into data files and calculate the results;
- Extract the monthly data from the weather station into a database and provide the validated data and the validation report to the consultant for the production of the monthly report;
- Ensure environmental monitoring and intervene as necessary during environmental emergencies.
On a daily basis...
- Work within a small multidisciplinary team;
- Be part of a founding member company of the Green Alliance;
- Concretely participate in the fight against climate change;
- Develop through contact with other professionals;
- Having an impact on the community and the environment.
- Recognized for creating a work climate favorable to collaboration;
- Recognized for your great vigilance;
- Recognized for your judgment and discernment in the execution of your tasks.
- Good knowledge of different sampling protocols;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite;
- A facility for teamwork.
- Good knowledge of Isovision software;
- Good knowledge of environmental regulations;
- Good knowledge of the Oracle operating system.