Ville de Laval is undergoing an unprecedented transformation and continues to implement best practices to continue building a culture of health and safety in municipal services.
Are you ready to become one of the leaders in this transformation?
Working Conditions / Description The challenges ahead:
Reporting to the OHS Division Head, you are responsible for managing OHS prevention activities. Focused on results, you work primarily on development, training, management support and management support, all according to the usual principles of an integrated management system.
On the lookout for best practices in continuous improvement management, you support the division manager in the development of prevention strategies and programs, contributing to the development of a culture of integrated management. health and safety at work.
You play an advisory role to managers in order to support them in the preventive management of workplace risks, for all municipal services, such as: Public Works, Fire, Police, etc. Your expertise takes the form of recommendations, development of management tools, solutions and measures to promote early intervention and exercising control over risks related to operational activities. You prepare and recommend preventative action plans and support the division manager in the deployment of corporate programs such as: Simdut, Lockout, OHS Prevention Software. You prepare and facilitate prevention training for managers to improve technical skills and ensure proper management of health and safety at work.
Finally, you support the head of division during interventions and corporate actions with the Standards, Equity, Health and Safety Commission and have a presence in the field. You participate and attend the organization and conduct of promotional activities in occupational health and safety. You assist the head of division in the performance evaluation and collaborate during a corporate audit during the year, all according to the principle of ensuring coherence of our actions and plans and focusing on improved management practices. continues.
The profile you are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree that includes certification in health, safety, occupational hygiene or equivalent;
- Five (5) years of experience in OHS prevention, preferably in a unionized environment;
- Experience in project management;
- Practical knowledge of applicable OSH laws, standards and regulations;
- Sense of analysis and problem solving;
- Recognized skills for customer orientation, development and coaching of multifunctional teams to achieve targeted results.
What we offer:
- Work in collaboration with dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary framework within the third plus
- Big City in Quebec;
- Competitive working conditions and benefits,
- An easily accessible workplace;
- The opportunity to work with a wide variety of employment areas – police, firefighter, public works, among others.