Come and make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which has its citizens at heart. Would you like to obtain a stable job in an environment where teamwork, training and employee safety are prioritized? Join us!
For its Building Management Service, the City of Laval is looking for:
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE (S) SIGNALING
Temporary positions with possibility of permanence
Working conditions / Description
The challenges ahead:
Under the immediate supervision of an electrician, perform various installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems in parks, public places, traffic lights and street lighting.
Requirement of the position
The desired profile :
- Possess a CCQ apprentice electrician qualification certificate or non-construction issued by Emploi Québec;
- Having completed a DEP in electricity;
- Having at least six (6) months of experience in activities related to the trade of apprentice electrician
- Experience in street lighting an asset;
- Hold a class 3 driver's license that meets the requirements of the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec;
- Have safety training for construction sites (SST);
- Successful specific training in driving and using an appropriate vehicle.
The City of Laval is committed to providing its employees with a healthy and safe work environment, so, as part of our drug and alcohol policy, we apply the principle of zero tolerance for high-risk positions. >
Details / procedures
The selection process:
- In particular includes an interview, reference checks and a medical examination.
Work schedule (two possibilities):
- 4 days a week from Monday to Thursday (day or night schedule)
- 3 days urs per week from Friday to Sunday (daytime schedule)
Salary : 25 , $ 42 / hour
The City of Laval is continually looking for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with an environment of stimulating work! Take part in the change now and apply online before January 27, 2020 by going to:
The City of Laval applies an access program to equality in employment. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.