Come and make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which has its citizens at heart. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities and competitive working conditions, you will be part of a large public organization on a human scale.
For its Service de la gestion de l'eau , the City of Laval is looking for a:
MANAGER OF AUTOMATION, CONTROL AND MAINTENANCE
The mission of the Water Management Service is to ensure the quality of water, the supply of drinking water and the treatment of wastewater in the territory He is responsible for wastewater treatment plants, the production of drinking water and monitoring the quality of the water distributed, pumping stations and overflow works, the detection of underground leaks as well as water networks including sewers and aqueduct.
The challenges that await you
Under the direction of the head of operational support division, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating and pervise activities related to the maintenance, repairs and optimization of instrumentation devices, systems, equipment and control networks of all drinking water and wastewater treatment stations in the City of Laval in order to allow the optimal functioning of the factories as well as the achievement of the objectives of their mission and the respect of the obligations provided for in norms and regulations.
The holder assumes the management of the activities under his responsibility and supervision resources for which he is responsible in accordance with the allocated budget and the operations, objectives, directives, instructions of his superior and of the management of the service. Results-oriented, He supervises the personnel under his responsibility, determines the order of priorities, defines the objectives, informs of his expectations, verifies the work, evaluates the performance, identifies the training and development needs and ensures the maintaining discipline.
And more particularly:
- Coordinates, supervises and directs the activities of a team of technicians in order to meet the needs of operations;
- Plans preventive, predictive and curative maintenance tasks for all the equipment under his responsibility. Control the performance of the work and ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with the various standards developed internally as well as the standards, methods, work procedures and requirements in force in order to reduce the risks of malfunction and maintain the availability of equipment to limit unplanned downtime;
- Establishes the schedule of work to be performed, assigns the various priorities to his subordinates and ensures compliance with his directives;
- Ensures the management of human resources under his responsibility in accordance with collective agreements and administrative policies in force;
- Responds to emergency calls and ensures regular availability during peak periods if necessary consumption or long holidays;
The desired profile :
- Hold a DEC in Instrumentation and Control, in Electronic Technology ue industrial or in Electricity and 8 years of relevant experience including 2 years in personnel management;
- Relevant experience:
- 6 years of technical experience covering the following fields: Instrumentationand control, automation, electricity, IT and industrial control networks;
- 2 years of experience in managing unionized staff;
- A good knowledge of the water filtration process drinking water and wastewater treatment (asset)
What we offer you:
Choosing the City of Laval means working for the third largest city in Quebec, for this position you will have competitive working conditions and benefits.
The City of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses, and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval approach, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban in nature in 2035. This vision is the compass that guides development today from Laval. Working at the City of Laval means believing in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas at the service of the citizen. It’s rubbing shoulders with dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too can take part in the change!
Apply online by July 10, 2020
by going to.
The City of Laval implements an equal access to employment program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. >