GBI is looking for a biologist for our Montreal, office on our Environment team. The incumbent will be expected to actively participate in projects of various sizes as well as projects on behalf of public clients and private developers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform wildlife and plant inventories;
- Compile and analyze biological data collected in the field (fauna and flora);
- Determination of the high-water mark (HWM) by the simplified or expert botanical method;
- Drafting of environmental characterization reports;
- Determination of mitigation measures and revegetation methods necessary for the completion of work to stabilize and / or restore the banks;
- Preparation of authorization and certificate of authorization requests from the MDDEP and the MRNF as well as from other ministries according to the applicable provincial or federal laws;
- Assist r the geo-environment project manager;
- Perform any other related tasks that may assist in the realization of projects involving the natural environment.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in biology or other training deemed equivalent;
- Member of the Association des Biologistes du Québec
- a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Have a minimum of 2 years of proven experience in conducting wildlife and plant surveys;
- Holding the ASP Construction Card;
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a vehicle;
- Good command of French both orally and in writing;
- Bilingualism French and English (trump).
Career at GBI
Why join the team?
- Be part of a team of competent and passionate professionals
- Contribute to innovative and diversified projects
- Benefit a summer schedule to the year that allows a better balance between work and personal life;
- To have a competitive remuneration;
- To have access to a complete group insurance and to a savings structure with employer contribution;
- Shaping your career through ongoing internal and external training offered throughout the year;
- Have an active social life within your team by participating in various social activities;
The proposed salary will be modulated according to your relevant and transferable experiences.
We offer a full range of benefits and a dynamic working environment based on the development of our human resources.
If you are interested in this position you are invited to apply at