Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Resolu Montreal Office location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Buyer. This job is permanent, full-time.
Are you a person who enjoys teamwork and is motivated by new challenges? Do you possess solid communication and analytical skills? If so, this position could be ideal for you.
- Establish purchase orders each day and ensure the mills you are responsible for are supplied;
- Ensure suppliers respect the delivery times for products ordered;
- Update information received from Vendor
- Expedite the purchase order with Vendor
- Ensure all invoices are paid promptly;
- Keep the Supervisor informed of activities and initiatives to be implemented and regularly update procedures;
- Take full responsibility for compliance with key performance indicators and respect deadlines;
- Ensure that the personnel at the mills under your responsibility have a sound understanding of the Company’s purchasing directives and that justification forms are properly completed;
Introduction to supplier selection
- Tackle targeted sourcing opportunities in collaboration with other buyer.
Reporting to the Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- College Diploma (DEC) in logistics, operations management, production management or finance; or any other relevant background.
- Three years of relevant experience with a large public manufacturing company.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Solid technical skills;
- Experience with the SAP system
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change;
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to quickly make sound decisions based on experience and judgment, even when you have incomplete information and/or are under pressure;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and cooperate with others to achieve the final result.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.