Certified worker or certified maintenance worker
Status: Regular full-time employee
Competition number: 2021-SR-022
Position number: 415-708-03
Immediate supervisor: Claude Dubois
Former incumbent: Claude Robert
Nature of the work
The main and usual role of the person in this job class consists of performing maintenance, repair and alteration work relating to several building trades.
Main tasks and activities:
Plan, organize and carry out the necessary maintenance, repair and transformation operations of installations and buildings, according to the mandates of the service:
- Repair, install and maintain various equipment:
- Door system (panic bar, door closer, etc.);
- Doors, windows, floor surfaces, walls, ceilings;
- Furniture in wood and metal;
- Tables, frames or other elements attached to the walls;
- Door frames, insulation, glass, acoustic tiles on ceilings, dry walls, suspended ceilings, etc;
- Indoor garden, land and parking shutters;
- Maintenance and repair of supports for recycling;
- Carry out structure assembly and covering;
- Manage the hardware and material inventory.
- Carry out preparation work for surfaces to be painted, including:
- Filling gypsum joints;
- Repairing cracks in plaster;
- Preparation and mixing of paint and varnish, coating of surfaces;
- Cleaning and maintenance of instruments and tools;
- Erection and dismantling of scaffolding;
- Keep the equipment inventory up to date.
Act as a backup locksmith for the whole college facilities:
- Proceed with the installation, repair and assembly of locks and barrels according to the college key paths and ensure follow-up;
- Make keys according to users' needs;
- Keep the inventory of keys and key systems, via the key management system.
Respond to requests from users in terms of fittings and interior systems, in particular: furniture, elements architectural, etc. :
- Perform the various operations required by the service requests received in connection with their field of expertise, in particular:
- Receive user requests;
- Carry out a needs or situation assessment as needed;
- Prioritize the execution of the work;
- Establish the required equipment and carry out its purchase according to the procedures in force;
- Perform the work;
- Make recommendations as needed;
- Follow up with the user;
- Perform operations in the request management system in order to ensure the necessary follow-ups with the requester and to conclude the request, according to the established process;
- Act as a resource person for external responders.
Perform any other related task:
- As needed, perform shunting or support tasks to the specialized maintenance team;
- If necessary, maintain the College's accesses in p winter period;
- Maintain and repair street furniture;
- In collaboration with the safety team, act as a respondent when applying the intervention protocols of emergency;
- Dispose of recyclable and reusable material;
- Perform installations andrepairs to the gardener's warehouses and greenhouses.
Hold a valid journeyman competency certificate issued under the Act respecting
labor relations, vocational training and workforce management in the construction industry (LRQ, chapter R-20).
Hold a certificate of qualification in the installation of interior systems, building painting, carpentry-joinery, general building maintenance, structural and architectural assembly, issued under the Act respecting professional training and qualification of the workforce (LRQ, cF-5, r.1) by the Minister of Employment and of Social Solidarity.
Hold a vocational studies diploma (DEP) in installation of interior systems, painting in buildings , carpentry, general building maintenance, assembly e structural and architectural or any other specialization deemed equivalent and three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience of two (2) years in work related to several other trades.
- Mastery of the spoken French language and written. The person must pass the test.
- Possess a valid OHS card.
- The successful candidate will have to undergo a medical examination to verify his ability to lift weights of 25 kg in a secure manner in order to preserve its physical integrity.
- Know the RT software.
- Able to use key management software.
- Possess technical and functional skills in locksmithing.
- Availability: The person may be called upon to respond to emergencies outside of regular hours even during the holiday season.
Salary and schedule
Salary: $ 23.87 per hour plus a 10% attraction and retention bonus.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Period: As soon as possible.
Place of work: 3800, rue Sherbrooke Est.
Interested persons must complete their application profile and apply on the digital display o 2021-SR-022 before 4:30 p.m., October 29, 2020 at.
The Collège de Maisonneuve subscribes to the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies for the people concerned, namely women, Aboriginals, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities. People with disabilities who wish can receive assistance with the screening and selection process.