Come and make a difference in a modern, booming city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Planning Department, Ville de Laval is looking for a (e ):
CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II
Temporary and permanent position
The challenges that await you:
Performs various works of a technical nature including the development and realization of civil engineering studies as well as the preparation of plans , quotes, preliminary estimates, connection permit. In particular, performs drainage and preliminary design studies of sewer and water supply networks with a view to installing municipal services.
And more specifically:
- Analyzes and processes, according to the procedures in force, requests for connection permits and approval documents (connection with double drainage system and / or fire protection system, driveway entrance, relocation of services, etc.) and submits a report to his superior for approval.
- Checks, according to established procedures, the conformity of the connection plans, notes any irregularities, has the necessary corrections made according to the regulations in force, and submits everything to his for the issuance of connection permits.
- Provides technical information to the public, contractors, utility companies or any other requester.
- Prepares and submits recommendations to his supervisor e to improve the working methods in use.
The profile sought:
- Instruction acquired at the end of a college diploma (DEC) in civil engineering;
- Have thirty (30) months of experience relevant to the position, as described in the summary appearing above;
- Good knowledge of regulation L-11870;
- Good knowledge of stormwater management calculations, the influence of flood zones and piezometric lines;
- Good communication skills in French both orally and in writing;
- Great sense of ethics, integrity and rigor;
- Mastery of ESRI suite software - ARC GIS, Autocad and Bluebeam would be an asset.
Here is what we offer you:
- A work schedule of 4 days a week, for 33 hours per week, allowing work-life balance (schedule from 8:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.);
- An annual salary of 56 342.6 $ 6 to $ 86,681.02
The selection process consists of different stages such as:
- A French test;
- An exam on technical concepts related specifically to the position of Civil Engineering Technician II;
- An interview;
- Pre-employment checks and a security clearance investigation.
Ville de Laval is constantly looking for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
Take part in the change now and apply online, no later than March 25, 2021 by visiting our website:
Ville de Laval applies an equal access employment program. It values diversity and invites women, minoritiesvisible, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.