Reporting to the Machining Shop Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for operating numerically controlled machines to perform high precision machining work using specifications and work instructions as well as than any other documentation provided.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review work orders and interpret the drawings provided to determine the required machining operations.
- Make simple adjustments using the instructions provided and related documentation.
- Load and unload parts into machines.
- Visually check and inspect end products for compliance according to drawings.
- Prepare the assembly of the machine for production.
- Perform routine maintenance on the machines.
- Maintain and keep your workspace clean, safe and healthy.
- Respect health and safety rules.
- Respect the established quality standards.
- Know the working methods and follow established work procedures.
- Perform any other tasks related to the nature of its duties.
Requirements, knowledge and skills required:
- Able to read, understand and follow work instructions, technical drawings, assembly notes, parts lists.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Knowledge of measuring instruments, conventional tools such as table saw, milling machine, drill, band saw.
- Speed and precision in the execution of the work with a quality orientation and good manual dexterity.
- Good visual attention.
- Experience in a similar position is preferable.
- Good understanding (French-English).
- Demonstrate initiative, thoroughness and meticulousness.
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility.
- Rigorous, organized and attentive to detail.
- Judgment, versatility, flexibility and dynamism.
- Proactive, ability to manage changes in priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.