What are the responsibilities associated with this position?
We are seeking an individual who thrives in a dynamic environment, with experience in a manufacturing and/or hardware engineering setting. Our ideal candidate contributes to the achievement of our growing organization’s current and future objectives. He or she is resourceful, versatile and innovative to help us support the group's and other departments' workloads.
You are the ideal candidate for this position if you have experience in manufacturing and/or hardware engineering and a passion for technical support. You value innovative ideas and proactively implement them.
We are looking for a technician specializing in the simulator's flight controls and motion systems. Experience in control and motion hardware testing would be an asset. The technician will work with engineers and carry out tasks on all types of aircraft. The candidate's duties will include the following:
- Integration and hardware-software calibration of the simulator's flight controls and motion systems, including dynamic response and mechanical adjustments.
- Responsible for performing automatic validation tests on the simulator's systems.
- Responsible for updating systems before reception tests.
- Provide technical support during reception tests and simulator qualification.
- Identify and eliminate issues (hardware and software) in cooperation with the engineers and technicians involved.
- Interact with clients, pilots and the engineers from CAE's different departments.
- College diploma in avionics, electronics, electromechanics, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electromechanical systems calibration.
- Good troubleshooting skills (hardware and software).
- Experience with different simulation systems and performance systems (aerodynamics, flight controls, motion systems, sound, engine) an asset.
- Knowledge of different aircraft systems an asset.
- Strong ability to take charge of projects and work autonomously.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive, flexible, team player.
- Available for frequent travel to client sites.
- Knowledge of CAE simulation technology an asset.
- Available for on-call emergency support by mobile.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with different hierarchical levels in the business unit and with our clients.
- Team player.
The incumbent must have the technical skills needed to fully understand electrical and mechanical schematics.