Come make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which is committed to its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects promoting the well-being of the Lavallois. In addition to providing you with career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its service management of buildings, the city of Laval is looking for a (e)
Electricity Engineer - Energy Efficiency
1 Temporary two-year extension
The challenges await you:
You will be responsible for searching for optimal energy efficiency solutions as well as maintaining assets and will be responsible for applying them to studies, design and monitoring of work on electrical and electronic books.
And more particularly:
- Develop, design, prepare and approve studies, plans, quotes, estimates, documents relating to tenders and proceed In the analysis of these for the work where the city acts as a contractor in his field of expertise.
- Make technological events on the systems and applications related to the Energy efficiency applicable to the municipal estate, analyze the energy performance of equipment already in place and prepares more efficient and less energy-efficient alternative solutions. Propose and ensure the implementation of the resulting energy efficiency measures for projects under its responsibility.
- Analyze and verify requests and documents from other divisions and services of the city or organizations External, provide any relevant information and makes recommendations within its area of expertise.
- Analyze the energy consumption of equipment and structures in place and ensures the monitoring and accuracy of billing.
- Participate in the development of new standards, guidelines, municipal or other regulations concerning its area of expertise and ensure their respect when approved.
The desired profile:
- have a university degree degree in electrical engineering;
- to be a member in good standing of The Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- own six (6) years of experience in the industrial field or consulting engineering;
- have of the exp Erience in the public, parapublic and municipal areas will be an asset;
- mastery of medium and low voltage electrical systems;
- have worked on major projects involving multiple stakeholders;
- Have a solid experience in study and preparation of contractual documents of electrical projects;
- PMP certification, an asset.
The city of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, companies and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval approach, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban nature in 2035 . This vision is the compass which today guides the development of Laval. Working in the city of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas for the citizen service. It's committed to dedicated people and shape the present to build the future.
You too, Take part in change!
Apply Online by April 5, 2021
The city of Laval applies an access to equality employment program. SheValues diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of special arrangements necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process.