Kontron Canada is recruiting an Electronics Technician for the introduction of new products in production (NPI). You will ensure a follow up of all requirements and tasks to complete in the different NPI teams and other department within the Change Management and New Product Introduction (NPI) process. You will also coordinate all activities and deliverables of each key players to ensure a smooth transfer into production of both released product changes as well as new projects under development.
Kontron is a worldwide company developing products in markets such as telecommunications (Data Center, Edge, 5G), industrial (HMI, rugged box PC), transport (Autonomous vehicles), medical, avionics and defense.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHALLENGES AHEAD:
- Create and maintain bills of material and products manufacturing documentation in the ERP system;
- Manage and follow up change requests and associated deliverables;
- Create and manage manufacturing documentation of released products and temporary instructions related to prototypes production;
- Ensure the transfer and support in production of every product, both local and at subcontractor sites; on occasion, may require phone calls outside normal office hours and trips overseas;
- Actively participate in planning and managing the prototype requirements (boards / systems): Lot management, follow up changes and customer requirements;
- Coordinate the manufacturing of prototypes (boards / systems) and any other customer requests (via product and / or program management groups, technical support, internal sales).
YOU WILL IMPRESS US IF YOU HAVE:
- Education: College Degree;
- Specialization: Electronics;
- Experience:Ideally 5 years in the electronics industry including 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Profile: Documentation and electronics product introduction process for manufacturing within an ERP system; assembly process and electronics product integration; manufacturing and DFM concepts (Design for Manufacturing) for complex electronic products; Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Assets: Knowledge of the SAP ERP system;
- Profile: Autonomous, meticulous, excellent communicator (verbal and written), organized, responsible, quick learner and good working capacities, team player;
- Languages: Fluent in French and English (verbal and written).
HOW ABOUT AN EXCEPTIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDING:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- Good balance between work-family-personal life, including the possibility of teleworking;
- Social and sports activities, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path in various sectors of activity;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…