Kontron Canada is looking for Software Developers who are passionate about Linux, PC architecture and embedded software development for management and control of systems and servers.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary, experienced, dynamic and growing engineering team always motivated to take on new challenges. You will take part in development by delivering software solutions in diverse areas such as systems and servers for markets such as telecommunications (Data Center/Cloud/Edge), avionics, industrial and autonomous vehicles.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHALLENGES AHEAD:
- Contribute to the design, development, integration and deployment of embedded software solutions (Embedded linux and UEFI) by integrating and adapting commercial and open-source third party solutions;
- Actively participate in a multidisciplinary, multi site team following Agile-Scrum methodology;
- Collaborate with coworkers on investigations requiring multiple skill sets, towards quick problem resolutions on products under development, as reported by customers, production or the quality assurance team;
- Perform feasibility studies and provide time estimates for software modification as per product requirements;
- Investigate root cause and solve design problems by modifying the code;
- Collaborate with architects to define new designs; keep up to date with new technologies;
- Propose creative, innovative and profitable solutions meeting customer needs;
- Participate in all steps of software development process and actively collaborate with the quality assurance team to deliver high quality software solutions.
YOU WILL IMPRESS US IF YOU HAVE:
- Education:Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Software/Electrical engineering or equivalent education;
- Curiosity, creativity and analytical mind; market trends awareness;
- Team work and collaboration; good communication skills;
- Works well with specific time constraints, good adaptation capacity;
- Required Knowledge:
- C/C++, Lua; Bash; Python; experience in various software integration regardless of the OS;
- Good understanding of networking, protocols and network configuration under Linux;
- PC architecture, UEFI, low level software, Linux configuration;
- Knowledge of Redfish, SNMP and/or IPMI;
- Interest and/or curiosity toward open infrastructure, computer security and/or artificial intelligence;
- Languages: English and French.
HOW ABOUT AN EXCEPTIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDING:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- Good balance between work-family-personal life, including the possibility of teleworking;
- Social and sports activities, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path in various sectors of activity;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…