Kontron Canada is recruiting an Engineering Mechanical Technician for a one year full time contract with possibility of permanency. The candidate we are looking for is passionate about innovation, technology, system engineering, and teamwork, and is focussed on the success of our solutions and the satisfaction of our customers.
You will be part of an experienced and dynamic team that is highly motivated to take on new challenges. You will play a role in designing systems and delivering state of the art solutions for markets such as telecommunications (Data Center, Edge, 5G), industrial (HMI, rugged box PC), transport (autonomous vehicles, liquid cooled), medical, avionics and defense.
If you are interested in the development, integration and implementation of mechanical solutions for these interesting and growing fields of activities; and you are talented and passionate about technology and engineering best practices, then this job is tailor-made for you.
The ideal applicant should have strong analytical, technical, and communication skills with proven ability to prioritize tasks and collaborate with his team mates and other groups. Must also be an excellent team player with professionalism and sense of ownership.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHALLENGES AHEAD:
- Using the latest state of the art software such as Solid-Edge / SolidWork 3D software, model complete processor boards mechanical parts and assemblies such as enclosures, cables, supports, heat sinks, hardwares, cooling systems etc.;
- Generate interference analysis, tolerances calculations and produce the associated reports for complex assembly models;
- Select components, evaluate them and generate BOM;
- Participate in the latest technologies prototypes assemblies and validation process, as well as produce first article inspection (FAI) reports;
- Be part of the investigation and solution process of highly technical challenges involving multiple fields of expertise;
- Act as main contact for any support demand from production, documentation, component engineering and quality group concerning released for manufactured products;
- Be involved in meetings concerning production stoppage and act as the mechanical expert for assembly/production problem resolution;
- Assist/Answer to manufacturing deviations submitted by the mechanical component subcontractors;
- Play an active role in the innovation process of Kontron products and process improvement;
- Look out for new technologies and market trends encouraging the innovation culture and continuous learning.
The ideal candidate:
- Has strong technical, analytical, organizational and priority management skills;
- Is a valued collaborator, a great team player with professionalism and sense of responsibility;
- Has a passion for mechanical and thermal development, integration, their processes and improvements and a desire to drive the innovation around it;
- Is interested by the technologies underlying cloud computing, medical and industrial applications, rugged systems used in harsh environments like autonomous vehicles, defense or avionics;
- Has experience with mechanical and thermal tools : SolidWorks or Solid Edge or equivalent;
- Is recognized for his ability to evaluate delivery times and then respect them;
- Is creative, resourceful, proactive with a great adaptability;
- Is recognized as a positive change agent with a great vision of excellence.
YOU WILL IMPRESS US IF YOU HAVE:
- Education: Cegep degree in Mechanical Engineering with related experience;
- Major: Mechanical Design (Sheet metal, machining and assembly of mechanical components);
- Experience: Ideally 3 to 5 years in design/validation of parts and assembly;
- Knowledge: Mechanical 3D Design software Solid-Edge or SolidWork. MS Office suite;
- Assets: Electronics system / component design, EPDM Vault, AutoCAD, JIRA requirements follow up software, basic knowledge of digital/analog electronics, heat dissipation, vibration resistance;
- Profile: Energetic and responsible self-starter with good team playing and learning abilities;
- Languages: French and English (Spoken and written).
HOW ABOUT AN EXCEPTIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDING:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- Good balance between work-family-personal life, including the possibility of teleworking;
- Social and sports activities, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path in various sectors of activity;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…