The purpose of the Société québécoise des infrastructures is to support public bodies in the management of their public infrastructure projects and to develop, maintain and manage a housing stock that meets their needs.
The SQI offers stimulating challenges: 3.1 million square meters in some 1,000 buildings, a portfolio of major projects worth nearly $ 20 billion across Quebec.
Join our team of over 900 employees with leading-edge expertise in all aspects of building, management and building operations. A company committed to innovation and sustainable development.
Whether you want to pursue a career in urban areas or in the region, there are great opportunities for you.
Want to make sense of your career? Get on with us.
Under the responsibility of the Director, the incumbent is required to prepare budget estimates for real estate studies. Evaluate costs related to construction work, control estimates prepared by consultants or building owners. Expertise, negotiate and validate change requests submitted by contractors or owners. Ensure control of project costs during design. Develop and maintain the inventory of development costs.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in architecture or a field of construction-related engineering and have five (5) years of relevant experience in estimation, primarily in architecture and / or civil-structure
- Hold a DEC in estimating and evaluating the building or in the field of building and public works and compensate each year of missing schooling with two (2) years of experience relevant to the job and possess at least two (2) ) years of relevant experience in estimating.
- Know the laws, regulations, codes and standards related to the fields of activity.
- Ability to read blueprints and master key software related to the discipline.
- Demonstrate communication skills (written and verbal), good judgment, sense of responsibility, ability to analyze, synthesize and make decisions, demonstrate leadership, creativity, and control and literacy skills supervision.
- Have knowledge of construction and construction work.
- Have knowledge of projects in competing phases and conditions of occupation.
- Have knowledge in the different modes of realization: traditional, construction management and turnkey.
- Relevant experience in estimating commercial and institutional buildings, knowledge of BIM, 3D modeling and Uniformat II would be assets.
YOUR CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position has an annual salary of up to $ 88,619 with the exception of overtime. Treatment will vary based on skill and experience, according to the expected scale of the job class. In addition, the SQI offers a stimulating work environment, the most competitive benefits, including participation in a defined benefit pension plan, the possibility of working flexible hours of 35 hours a week, a work / life balance. personal, four weeks ofvacation after one year only as well as the refund of the annual dues to your professional order.
Those interested in this job offer are invited to apply on our website no later than July 1, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a position at the Société québécoise des infrastructures. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Société québécoise des infrastructures implements an equality program and invites women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply.
Accommodation can be provided to people with disabilities based on their needs.