Nature of Work:
Under the responsibility of the Director of Public Works, the person plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the activities and activities. resources related to the City's buildings and public lighting.
- Monday to Friday, 7:15 am to 3:30 pm
- Guard on rotation per weekly periods during which the incumbent must be available 24/7 to answer phone calls. (approximately 8 times per year)
Salary Range: $ 65,000 to $ 85,000
Main responsibilities :
- Provide maintenance and repairs for mechanical equipment and architectural components of buildings of the City as well as the operation of its public lighting.
- Plan and coordinate the work of a team of employees
- Determine the orientations, the objectives and the pr iorities of its section and submit recommendations to improve the processes in place.
- Oversee the work done by contractors related to the activities of its department.
- Collaborate in the preparation of contracts and technical specifications related to its service
- Requisitioning products and materials for its section and ensuring compliance.
- Participating in the preparation of the annual budget and approving expenditures of its service.
Benefits related to the job:
- Profitable salary
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Group Insurance Plan
- Holidays Offered During the Holiday Season
- Paid Leave Bank for Business
- Dynamic and quality work environment
Qualifications and requirements:
- Hold a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in a discipline appropriate, or any other training deemed relevant
- Have three (3) years of experience in similar duties, including supervision of unionized personnel
- Hold a class 5 driver's license valid
- Hold a Course Certification General Health and Safety on Construction Sites
- Have a good knowledge of the Construction Code and the National Prevention Code Building
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Mastering English and French, written and written 'oral
- Be able to communicate clear guidelines
- Be able to establish good interpersonal relationships
- Have a developed sense of customer service
- Can manage and mobilize the work of a team
- Have an analytical mind and be able to handle an unexpected situation
- Have good judgment and ability to solve problems
- Know how to plan your work and organize projects
Those interested in this position must send their application to the Human Resources Division at
The City of Kirkland is committed to the principle of equality in employment and is committed to establishing selection processes and a career environment. inclusive and barrier-free work. Women, Aboriginals, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities and Ethnic Minorities are invited to apply. It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify us in a timely manner of any specific needs for which accommodations are required to allow for a fair and equitable assessment. The information received atthis subject will be treated confidentially.
The masculine gender is used as a generic, for the sole purpose of lightening the text.