Our greatest wealth at Urgences-Santé is our human capital. That's why we are committed to providing our employees and managers with the opportunity to perform professionally within our organization. We are looking for a manager or manager for the operational center west. The candidate must be committed and enthusiastic to contribute to the expansion of the organization, in a changing context, impacting our service offering, which creates new opportunities career with us.
Urgences-santé in short is; 1,500 employees, 950 paramedics, 230,000 interventions per year, 100 emergency medical dispatchers, 375,000 calls per year, 1 health communication center, 3 operational centers, 1 training center and 1 serving headquarters, 24 hospital centers , 2.5 million inhabitants in the territories of Montreal and Laval. The only public organization providing emergency pre-hospital services in Quebec, Urgences-santé handles more than a third of all emergency calls in Quebec.
Start Date: 21 March 2019 End Date: 31 March 2019
Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, the Chief of Service for the operationalization of this West Operational Unit will be responsible for:
- To respond to the needs of the operational center for which it is responsible for the availability of vehicles, equipment, materials and supplies by ensuring that they are put into service quickly and efficiently while ensuring respect and application of the norms and laws in force;
- To ensure the maintenance and repair of all ambulance vehicles to provide service to the population.
The Head of Department, promotes within his team a culture of continuous improvement and optimization. He stands out for his: leadership, strategic thinking, change management, creativity, innovation, learning orientation, complex problem solving and communication skills, we have the team for him or her!
More specifically, but not limited to, the main challenges are:
- Provide a service that meets the needs of the clientele and meets the quality standards of the Corporation;
- Implementation of conditions for the team to be mobilized, competent, efficient and work in a healthy and safe environment;
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners that are collaborative in nature;
- Analyze available information to ensure that results are aligned with established operational performance targets and communicate these results highlighting successes and expected improvements;
- Apply the provisions of the current collective agreements and the regulations pertaining to working conditions and deal with the resulting complaints and files diligently;
- Develop and track department budget, analyze variances, implement corrective actions, and report results;
- Collaborate in the analysis and development of the training and development of the staff of its administrative unit, according to needs taking into account operational constraints;
Specific management responsibilities:
- Ensure thecarrying out all the activities planned in the maintenance (preventive, predictive and curative) programs for vehicles and motorized equipment, respecting, in particular, manufacturers' recommendations, SAAQ standards and regulations, and quality standards and security of the Corporation;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the controllers;
- Ensure the commissioning and safe operation of motor vehicles and equipment as required by the Corporation;
- Plan the supply, material and equipment needs, in quality and quantity, with the persons responsible for the services concerned, with a view to sustainable development;
- Ensure compliance with rules and policies in order to optimize the use of resources, improve control and monitoring of equipment and minimize losses;
- Analyze findings related to equipment, materials and processes and recommend improvements and weekly orders;
- Assume all related responsibilities delegated by his / her immediate superior.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or another relevant discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in a syndicated environment;
- Experience in maintenance management, mechanics and commissioning of vehicle fleet;
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance programs (eg, MIR-RT);
- Knowledge of the Act Respecting Owners, Operators and Drivers of Heavy Vehicles (PECVL) (an asset)
- Have knowledge of pre-hospital emergency services and health services (an asset);
- Mastering office automation software and tools (Ms Office Suite)
- Contribution to the Pension Plan of Management Personnel (PPMP);
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays;
- 25 days vacation after one year worked;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Working conditions and other benefits for managers of health and social services agencies and institutions.
Working conditions and remuneration
Compensation: Between $ 70,413 and $ 91,556 depending on experience
To apply, you must send us your curriculum vitae and a cover letter no later than March 31, 2019, specifying the title of this posting, by email to:
The Health Emergency Corporation operates an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply. They can also tell us about their particular needs with respect to the job they are applying to facilitate their application. Rest assured that we will treat this information in confidence. For a diploma obtained outside Quebec, we require the comparative evaluation of studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion. In addition, we also consider the experiences acquired outside Quebec. We will only contact those selected for the screening process.