CHIEF OF OPERATIONS, MECHANICS
Public works, parks and buildings department
City of arts, culture and knowledge, Sainte-Thérèse has 27,000 inhabitants. Regional hub in the MRC of Thérèse-De Blainville, Sainte-Thérèse enjoys a reputation acquired in cultural matters and high quality education. Its urban redevelopment around the station is generating exceptional dynamism with the arrival of many young entrepreneurs offering a variety of local shops. Its downtown area, commonly known as Le Village, stands out from neighboring towns through its history and the harmonization of its old and new built environment.
The Town of Sainte-Thérèse wishes to fill the executive position and permanent chief of operations, mechanical workshop, within the Public Works, Parks and Buildings Department.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of the Public Works, Parks and Buildings Department, the incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling repair and maintenance work on municipal vehicles and equipment. He coordinates and monitors repair or maintenance work contracted or performed externally. He is responsible for maintaining the preventive and corrective maintenance program. He ensures that the directives and procedures put in place are followed and is responsible for applying the rules and laws in force in occupational health and safety.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plans the work schedule on an annual, monthly or daily basis with respect to maintenance, repair, use of city vehicles and equipment according to priorities and needs specific.
- Supervises all operations related to the operation of vehicles in compliance with the obligations and standards of Law 430 within the regulatory framework of the SAAQ and ensures their follow-up;
- Plans, organizes and controls, in collaboration with the team leader, preventive maintenance, corrective and repairs of vehicles and equipment.
- Draft quotes, specifications and call requests offers concerning his area of expertise, submits his recommendations to his immediate superior.
- Donn e following phone calls and inquiries, meets with applicants for clarification and / or provides information on possible solutions.
- Conducts inspections on work performed by external suppliers, determines repairs and / or modifications which are necessary and reports them to his immediate superior.
- Manages and supervises his employees, transmits to them the instructions and particulars relating to the work to be performed and checks the quantitative aspects and qualitative of the work performed.
- Regularly prepares reports of the work performed, the equipment used and allocates the working time of its employees to the various budget items.
- Performs performance evaluations on the quality of the work of the employees under his responsibility as well as on performance issues and disciplinary measures. Makes recommendations to his superior with the aim of optimizing work methods.
- Submits to his immediate superior, all reports, information or opinions required or useful on the functioning of his group of employees or efficiency of operations.
- Prepares budget forecasts under his responsibility, submits them to the department manager and once approved, administers them.
- In collaboration with the techniciansupplies, keeps up to date and controls the inventories of the material, equipment and products necessary for the functioning of his department.
- Ensures compliance with the rules and directives inherent to health and safety at work, ensures that the employees under his responsibility use adequate and productive work methods, both for wearing personal protective equipment and for the means of prevention used.
- Follow up on accident and accident files claims for any damage to material goods under his responsibility.
- Provides on-call duty alternately with the other heads of operations, responds to emergency calls outside of regular working hours, according to established practices and assigns the personnel required according to the circumstances.
- Performs any related task at the request of his immediate superior.
- Hold a professional studies diploma (DEP) in heavy vehicle mechanics, construction machinery mechanics or automotive mechanics.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in the field of mechanics and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing unionized staff. Experience in a municipal environment will be considered an asset.
- Hold a valid driver's license.
- Hold a health and safety card on construction sites.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and have a client-oriented vision.
- Be able to adapt and have the ease to quickly change priorities according to emergencies .
- Be results-oriented and able to lead several files in parallel and as a team.
- Demonstrate leadership, analytical skills, organization, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Have a good knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ease with software.
- Have a good knowledge of the French language, both oral and written.
The annual salary scale for this executive position is competitive, which is combined with a full range of social benefits, including a pension fund.
Send us your curriculum vitae and a cover letter. Please avoid sending us your service offer more than once .
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, we will only communicate with people whose candidacy has been selected.
The Town of Sainte-Thérèse subscribes to the principle of employment equity and offers employment opportunities to all regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other criteria of illegal discrimination. The masculine has been used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text.