HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC – CLASS II – UNDERGROUND (1 POSITION – UNIONIZED)
Service: Surface Services and MaintenanceLocation: Raglan Mine SiteReference number: REQ21-080
Reporting to the Mobile Equipment Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of heavy and light equipment used in mining operations, such as bolters, jumbos, loader-shuttles, ANFO trucks and service vehicles. In addition, you will be expected to perform troubleshooting, light repairs, preventive maintenance, failure analysis, parts inspections and other tasks relating to a mechanical workshop. You will also be responsible for performing planning duties assigned by your supervisor, and maintaining effective communication with your colleagues and supervisors.
You must hold a Heavy Engines Mechanics vocational diploma or the equivalent, combined with at least five (5) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy and light equipment as well as various components associated with engines, transmissions, electric and hydraulic systems, etc. Moreover, you must have the ability to operate heavy equipment. You must hold a Red Seal diesel mechanic certification as well as a valid driver’s license and general explosive permit. Completion of the modular miner-training program (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7) would be an asset, as would experience in the mining industry.
- Work shifts of 11 hours per day, alternating day/night.
- Rotation schedule of 50/50: equivalent to 3 consecutive weeks of work followed by 2 weeks of leave; and 2 consecutive weeks of work followed by 3 weeks of leave.
- Private air transport is provided from Montreal, Quebec, Rouyn-Noranda, Mont-Joli or Inuit communities (depending on place of residence) to the mine site and return.
- Accommodation and meals are provided.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates must apply online at: raglan. In the menu located in the left side of the page, click on “Careers”, and then on “Career Opportunities”. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Raglan Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join a well-established company with a bright future!