Our client, located in Lachine, is looking for a logistics coordinator. In this position, you will be responsible for the transportation of all goods that need to be shipped by their suppliers.
Description of tasks:
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders.
- Check and confirm orders and correct them as needed.
- Notify the customer service department for major changes.
- Review the accuracy of orders placed.
- Transmit to the suppliers the contact details of the person to be contacted during shipping by boat.
- Inform the various departments of the deadlines for receipt of the goods.
- Prepare all the necessary documents for freight forwarders and customs clearance.
- Gather shipping documents.
- Classify products to determine customs fees for products ordered and share information with colleagues.
- Enter supplier invoices into the system.
- Receive the goods in the computer system and ensure that everything is in accordance with the order.
- Carry out special projects (defective products, return of goods to suppliers, etc.).
- Provide support to management during the annual audit of accountants or customs audits.
- All other related tasks.
Training and skills:
- Diploma of College Studies in Logistics.
- Experience of 1 to 2 years in a related field.
- Very good spoken and written bilingualism.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Do you have a good ability to manage priorities and situations that can be stressful? It is a rigorous person with great interpersonal skills like you that we are looking for!
As an equal opportunity employer, Personnel Alter Ego values diversity in its workforce and seeks to ensure all groups remain fairly represented. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Canada.