Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Resolu Montreal Office location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Logistics Operations Analyst. This job is permanent, full-time.
The Logistics Analyst will be responsible to identify and implement more efficient and cost effective ways of delivery while upholding service level agreements. The successful candidate will operate as a team member, sharing information and objectives with a group of Supply Chain professionals who are striving for excellence.
More specifically, you will focus on the following areas:
- Establish strategic distribution plan for assigned mills;
- Establish strategic trucking and intermodal plans for assigned mills;
- Negotiate trucking and intermodal carrier contracts to support strategic distribution;
- Drive freight cost analysis to identify opportunities on mode / distribution shifts and recommend improvements;
- Weekly monitoring of mill shipments. Review carrier usage and mode split;
- Work with internal partners (Planning, Network Optimization, Procurement, and Sales) to determine optimal mode distribution and provide the required support to the mills for implementation and execution;
- Monitor Optimal Mode execution and identify opportunities for freight reductions;
- Provide operational support to mills, Customer Service and Sales as required;
- Support the mills to address in-transit issues;
- Monthly review of carrier performance
- Develop strategies for dealing with contingencies, emergencies and special situations;
- Proactively improve, in collaboration with the divisions and sales the network in order to optimise it, reduce costs and create synergies.
Reporting to the Domestic Manager you will be part of a results oriented team where exceeding expectation is encouraged.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Operations, Production Management or Supply Chain;
3 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain or Logistics.
Your skills & assets:
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both official languages;
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to quickly adapt to change;
- Excellent skills in problems solving;
- Ability to multitask and to meet tight deadlines;
- Willingness to make clients and their needs a priority;
- Solid planning and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of SAP would be an asset.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.