In the Infrastructures sector, SNC-Lavalin's Environment and Geoscience team provides services in the following disciplines: materials engineering; Geotech; environmental characterization and site rehabilitation; pavement engineering; acoustics, air quality and climate change; environmental assessment and community involvement; hydrology and hydrogeology; building science; and 3D surveying and mapping. As a key player in these fields of specialty, SNC-Lavalin employs more than 600 professionals and technicians in its Environment and Geosciences team in Quebec and offers services in all regions of the province, in Canada and around the world. from its 17 offices and specialized laboratories.Why choose SNC Lavalin? SNC-Lavalin offers diversified and challenging career opportunities in a dynamic workplace. In addition, the successful candidate will benefit from a safe and healthy work environment and a full range of benefits, as well as ongoing training. We create an environment where employees can develop and flourish. SNC-Lavalin has the best equipped private laboratories and the most innovative construction equipment giving you the chance to work with state-of-the-art tools. Our employees are proud to build the future. It is thanks to the expertise, passion and dedication of our employees to the success of our projects that we stand out from the competition.
Workplaces: Greater Montreal Area (South Shores, North Shore), Travel required as part of the job.
What will be your contribution to the team?
As a materials technician, your role will be to actively participate in the success of projects:
- Perform technical tasks (testing and monitoring) as per the Work Instructions and instructions received by the Project Authority, Laboratory Authority or Site Coordinator;
- Calibrate construction equipment;
- Write and complete a site report for each visit;
- Report to Project Authority or Technical Coordinator;
- Comply with applicable security measures.
- DEC in Civil Engineering (with or without experience) - or Have a degree obtained outside Quebec (You will need to submit proof of your comparative assessment of the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI) .
- Good knowledge of French;
- Knowledge of (oral) English is an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as a team;
- Hold the card / certificate of the course Health and general safety on construction sites (30 hours) awarded by ASP Construction (Joint Association for Health and Safety at Work in the Construction Sector) (an asset)
- Under section 2.4.2.i of the Safety Code for the Construction Industry, the General Health and Safety on Construction Projects course is mandatory for anyone working primarily and usually on a construction site. This person must hold the certificate (card) awarded by ASP Construction.
- Knowledge of measurement devices used on site (an asset)
- Good physical condition;
- Availability to work on different shifts(day / night / night / weekend);
- Availability to work on remote sites; (an asset)
- Driver's license valid at the start date in employment;
- Have access to a motor vehicle;
Benefits of working at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Business cell provided;
- Work equipment provided according to the seasons (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Mileage compensation when using the personal vehicle for worksite travel;
- Access to continuing education
Imagine yourself here and match your talent and ambition to our team! Apply online on
or via our email address:
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinction with respect to gender, ethnic or national origin, identity and sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. deficiency, but is enriched by these differences.
Type of employee