Your role as a mechanical engineering designer will be to prepare plans, specifications and other technical documents in various fields of activity. In addition, you will have to ensure the quality of service and a good relationship with the internal customer by contributing to the projects related to mines and metallurgical processes, among others in the fields of gold, iron, lithium, graphite and nickel. .
• 3D design and modeling for heavy machinery, conveyors, pumping systems, grinding mills, metallurgical processes, etc .;
• Design and 3D modeling of plant layout for projects in study or detailed engineering;
• Prepare detailed technical drawings;
• Prepare design plans and specifications;
• Support design teams at the offices in Labrador City, Toronto and Vancouver;
• Produce detailed design deliverables in "flat work" and welded system;
• Exercise the role of Project Leader (CP1) for OPEX-type mono-disciplinary projects;
• Develop versatility on software like SmartPlant, SolidWorks and CADWorx;
• Perform other technical functions to support the completion of projects;
• Support the design and construction of industrial pipework;
• Participate in site surveys.
• Be good at communication and interpersonal skills • Easy to adapt; be proactive; • Natural ability to provide creative and innovative technical solutions • Be customer-oriented • Technical and functional skills; self-learning ability • Ability to adapt to different contexts and situations • Creativity and innovation in providing solutions.
• DEC in Mechanical Engineering, DEP in Building Design or Industrial Design or any other combination of relevant experience • Minimum 10 years of relevant experience • Very good knowledge of SolidWorks, Smart Plant, AutoCAD, CADWorx and Navisworks • Excellent CAD proficiency • Excellent knowledge of current IT applications, such as MS Office suite (Outlook, MS Project, Word, Excel), Acrobat Reader, Access and other applications, databases and interfaces • Trump : Bilingualism (English, French) • Strength: Experience and / or interest in mechanics in the Mining & amp; Metals; • Asset: ASP Construction Card.