Come and make a difference in a modern, booming city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension. The town planning department is looking for:
Permits and information officers
Several positions temporary (Duration of 16 weeks)
Laval, the 3rd largest city in Quebec, recently undertook a major shift in the processing of permits and certificates under the responsibility of the Planning Department.
First, 100% of requests are now captured, processed and delivered digitally.
Second, a reorganization of work and resources is underway to create two specialized teams. The first team will be responsible for supporting promoters and processing permits for entrepreneurs and corporate citizens. The second team will be assigned to the processing of citizen permits and new single-family residential constructions. In addition, this team will be responsible for the information component, which represents more than 26,000 requests annually.
In order to improve service delivery and reduce processing times for permits and certificates.
It is in this context that the City is looking for dynamic candidates ready to take up a major challenge by taking part in the improvements initiated.
The challenges that await you:
You perform various office tasks related to the examination and issuance of various permits and certificates and ensure front-line customer service to citizens.
And more particularly,
- Process and issue permit applications for housing single family; new constructions, extensions, additional uses, etc. by ensuring compliance with the applicable regulatory provisions;
- Inform and discuss with the public the regulations under the responsibility of the Planning Department;
- Ensure that the Permit applications are completed correctly, signed by the applicant and the required documents are provided. Communicate with the applicants to obtain any missing documents;
- Carry out various checks, if necessary, with the departments concerned to ensure the accuracy of the information entered in the permit applications: name of the owner, civic number, existence of services, etc. ;
- Locate the requests on the zoning plans, graphic matrix or other support and extract the information from the relevant zoning by-law.
The profile sought:
- Hold an AEC in architectural techniques, a DEC in architectural technology and / or a DEC in planning techniques and town planning;
- Have twelve (12) months of experience relevant to the function, such as the processing of permits and certificates and the handling of requests for information in connection with the regulations of 'town planning and procedures for processing permits and certificates;
- Being a member of the Ordre des technologues du Québec (an asset).
Here is what we offer you :
- Several temporary positions to fill for the summer period;
- A salary of $ 41,169.45 to $ 63,337.62 per year;
- A work schedule of 4 days a week (totaling 33 hours).
The Vill he de Laval is continuously at thesearch for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
Take part in the change now and apply online, before March 31, 2021 by visiting our website:
In the event that the pool is deemed insufficient, compensatory measures or equivalences in terms of education or experience may be considered.
Ville de Laval applies an equal access employment program. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.