SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Main mission (s)
- Exclusively ensure safety on the building sites.
Tasks to be completed and responsibilities
- Coordinate instructions and any site-specific safety measures with the provisions of the Building Code and have them observed
- Ensure that every worker knows the risks of his job
- Receive recommendations and minutes from employer safety committees
- Receive a copy of any order or notice of defect from an inspector authorized under the Act respecting occupational health and safety
- Participate in the drafting of site-specific safety instructions
- Intervene when there is a risk of accident and investigate after an accident
- Other related tasks.
- College or university technique, or having equivalent experience in the field of construction.
Experience / Skills
- Experience on construction site.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Knowledge of the different collective agreements of construction.
- Team worker.
- Administrative knowledge.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of ISO-9000-2000 standards.
Personal skills and qualities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Very orderly.
- Excellent sense of organization.
- Discretion, integrity and availability.
- Ease of communication.
- Ease of learning.
- Be versatile.
- Be able to make decisions.
- Have initiative.