About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two separate companies, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC, with annual sales of nearly $ 1 billion in three market segments: residential, light commercial and automotive solutions. customized ventilation. Our company's mission is to create a better future every day. By applying our core values of safety, integrity, performance-driven culture and teamwork, we have become a leading heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) company that offers products and services energy-efficient and sustainable solutions that exceed our customers 'expectations through our employees' commitment to quality, customer experience and operational excellence. Position Summary: The incumbent is responsible for the planning, organization, direction and control of the activities and employees in the manufacturing of the company's products. a specific sector of production. In the development mode of the project, the supervisor is involved in the development of the production plan, the sequencing of operations, the quality criteria and all aspects of the industrialization of the product in order to support the team in achieving the objectives. b> Main qualities:
- Ability to personally apply the principle of safety first and the ability to empower and empower other team members by ensuring their protection to support our core value of safety.
- Demonstrate integrity, work transparently, and be recognized for the way you treat others with respect.
- Be responsible for creating and implementing solutions that deliver the desired results, and taking responsibility for a performance-based culture.
- Collaborate as part of a team united in a culture of teamwork.
- Love to embrace and trigger change as a vector of improvement.
- Be a "builder" who is comfortable in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Power to flourish in a sustainable legacy culture in which we are trying to do what's right for the business today, even if it's difficult, and leave a stronger business for the next generation employees.
Why is this an excellent opportunity ? Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the StatePoint team:
- You are a lever for profitable growth and genuine change;
- You are the closest to customers and markets, and you understand our business;
- You can make the right decisions every day as we move quickly;
- You are the source of our success;
- You can help us make each day better.
- Establish work methods and procedures to make work performance efficient;
- Coordinates the work of the department's staff to respect production schedules;
- Oversees the staff under his / her responsibility and ensures compliance with and compliance with company rules, work procedures and occupational health and safety standards;
- Perform a quality check on the work performed and products;
- Identifies material and financial needs, regulatesproduction or raw material planning problems, monitors the breakdown of production equipment with the maintenance department and ensures their resolution in order to limit the impact on production;
- Generates various reports on the activities of the department;
- Identifies staffing needs, plans to welcome and integrate new employees, provides staff training and follows-up;
- Prepares and facilitates coordination meetings with employees and team leaders;
- Manage absences, holidays, holidays, overtime and disciplinary action;
- Participate in the staff performance review;
- Collaborates on continuous improvement and encourages its staff to actively participate.
- Hold a Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Industrial Management or any other relevant training;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant job experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Have a good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools (Ex: 5S, Kanban, etc.);
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge of Lean, 5S, Six Sigma and QMS (Quality Management System) and experience in auditing and problem solving;
- Have a very good knowledge of the French language both orally and in writing;
- Have a good knowledge of the English language both orally and in writing.
- Having a good knowledge of the field of industrial ventilation and sheet metal processing techniques will be considered an asset;
- Being familiar with an ERP resource planning system will be considered an asset (eg Microsoft Dynamix Axapta);
Profile of the wanted person
The person sought demonstrates mechanical skills. It must demonstrate autonomy, initiative, rigor and leadership. It must be able to mobilize the staff of its department towards achieving the established objectives. She needs to be attentive, convey clear goals and regular feedback, and demonstrate good communication skills. She is able to plan, organize, prioritize and make decisions.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, visit our company website at.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC subscribe to the principle of employment equity and do not discriminate unlawfully against candidates because of their race, color, religion, their gender, origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.