Come and make a difference in a modern, booming city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Planning Department, the City of Laval is looking for a (e ):
PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR - HOUSING
Laval , 3rd largest city in Quebec, recently undertook a major shift in terms of its development and land use planning. In the spring of 2015, it unveiled its strategic vision “Urban by nature - Laval 2035”. The first milestone in the “Rethink Laval” approach and the result of several consultations with the population, the strategic vision expresses the desire to offer healthy, attractive and human-scale living environments by focusing in particular on the construction of various types of homes, including social housing.
In this wake, in June 2017, it adopted its housing policy "Choose Laval" which allowed the City to acquire a clear vision of the interventions that it wishes to achieve in terms of housing on its territory. This policy is based on five cross-cutting principles: eco-responsibility, quality, inclusion, innovation and leadership. It aims to offer a competitive and diversified residential offer, to encourage eco-responsible residential development, to ensure access to adequate housing and to assert the city’s leadership in housing. The 2020-2022 housing action plan provides for 68 actions and a target of 1,000 social and affordable housing units by 2022 was announced when it was adopted in April 2020.
To ensure the implementation of its housing policy and its action plan, the Town Planning Department of the City of Laval is looking for candidates with solid expertise in the field of housing.
The challenges that await you:
You design, develop and propose policies and programs related to home on Laval territory. To this end, you conduct research and conduct analysis relevant to the field. Finally, you must initiate actions with the various clienteles in order to encourage or facilitate the implementation of affordable and social housing projects.
And more particularly,
- Develop programs and intervention instruments necessary to achieve municipal housing objectives;
- Carry out studies and analyzes, consult stakeholders in the field and formulate parameters and action plans for the implementation of affordable and social housing projects;
- Evaluate the content of projects, briefs, documents prepared by external stakeholders; identify desirable directions, formulate opinions and submit recommendations to the municipal administration;
- Act as a municipal representative on various housing committees; explain the municipal positions, the goals and objectives pursued, and initiate solutions that make it possible to achieve the results desired by the City and its various partners (developers, builders, members of other government organizations and non-profit groups);
- Facilitate or coordinate the obtaining of various authorizations and permits from municipal services and other governments, and reconcile the various parties inin order to accelerate the construction of affordable and social housing projects.
The profile sought:
- Hold a bachelor's and master's degree in urban planning or any other relevant field;
- Have at least six (6) years of relevant experience in the field of housing such as in development of AccèsLogis financial assistance and project management programs;
- Be a member of the Ordre des urbanistes du Québec (an asset);
- Ability to analyze and synthesize, highly developed sense of organization;
- Skills in interpersonal communications, working in a team and interacting with various internal and external stakeholders.
Here is what we offer you :
- A salary of $ 78,606.58 to $ 103,398.29 per year (2018 salary scale);
- A work schedule of 5 days a week (33.75 hours).
Ville de Laval is continually seeking seeks competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
Take part in the change now and apply online, no later than March 29, 2021 by visiting our website:
Ville de Laval has an equal access to employment program. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to let us know any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.