Shift Superintendent – Maintenance
Two full-time positions available in Montréal, QC
Canada Post is committed to providing innovative physical and electronic delivery solutions that create value for our customers, employees and all Canadians, and every member of our team plays a key role in making this happen.
As a bilingual Superintendent Maintenance, Shift, you will lead a team of Canada Post technicians to safely provide efficient and effective maintenance of all mail handling and processing equipment. We will count on you to ensure that planned maintenance activities are executed according to schedule, as well as apply a strong sense of urgency to resolve unplanned equipment downtime, while acting as a champion of health and safety, and collaborating actively with other plant stakeholders to achieve results.
As a Shift Superintendent – Maintenance, you will:
- Oversee the execution of preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance activities to ensure they are carried out safely, correctly and efficiently in order to maximize equipment availability and performance.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment by providing appropriate training, documentation, personal protective equipment, tools and established procedures, ensuring that safety is at the forefront of all work practices and encouraging ideas and initiative among team members.
- Coordinate the implementation of all maintenance programs for mail processing and handling equipment so that equipment meets set performance standards (KPI) and legislated requirements.
- Work closely with plant operating partners to prioritize and develop contingency plans for execution of emergency and break-in work.
- Liaise with the Schedulers to make adjustments to the schedule, provide feedback regarding work completed/not completed, and perform scheduling and planning (corrective work) duties, as required.
- Assign qualified employees to effectively execute programs and repairs.
- Carry out the full range of staff management functions at the first management level.
- Ensure that labour and material resources are adequate to execute maintenance tasks.
- Provide up-to-date technical reference material for the use of plant maintenance staff.
- Ensure, through succession planning, coaching, mentoring and training, the continuing development of competent staff.
- Ensure that work orders, incident reports, logs and other documentation are complete, accurate and submitted as per policy.
- Participate in investigations, Root Cause Analysis, and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis activities, as required.
- Manage maintenance and support contracts with external contractors.
- Interface between Canada Post and facilities management.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Superintendent Maintenance, Shift:
- Completed post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in a mechanical, electrical or electronics field.
- Experience leading a team in an industrial maintenance environment (preferably unionized), primarily working on inspection and repair of material handling systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee health and safety.
- Knowledge of health and safety best practices and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and commitment to quality.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, conflict resolution, relationship management, coaching and teamwork skills.
- Availability to work evenings, nights and weekends.
- Ability to undertake a moderate amount of travel.
- Bilingualism (oral French and English) at the intermediate level.
To apply for one of these two full-time positions (Job ID 2329) , please click on « Apply now » and fill the application form on Post Canada career page once redirected. It’s very important to follow the link via this application, only these candidates will be considered.
Discover your future. Broad horizons.
There’s much more to a fun and exciting work life at Canada Post than a good job with a great company. We’ll help you achieve your full potential. You’ll find opportunities to develop and expand your career, chances to try out new jobs in different areas of the company, or even a complete change of career path.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.