Two positions available in Montréal / Ville Saint-Laurent, QC
You’re highly motivated and skilled in the mechanical, electrical or electronics field. You champion maintenance and health and safety, and enjoy working collaboratively to achieve results. Here’s your chance to make your mark as a leader with Canada Post.
As Superintendent of Maintenance on the evening or night shift (with possibility for day shift), you will lead a team of team leaders and technicians in safely providing preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance of all mail handling and processing equipment, to maximize efficiency, availability and performance while minimizing stoppages. You will not only ensure that planned maintenance activities are carried out according to schedule, but also demonstrate a strong sense of urgency in resolving unplanned equipment downtime.
In this bilingual position, you will be part of a full team that follows well-established maintenance management processes and key performance indicators, using world-class techniques and tools such as CMMS (Maximo), RCM, RCA, AMDEC, Lean Six Sigma, 5S and many more. You will also work with engineers and maintenance planners to optimize the department activities focusing on mail handling and processing equipment.
We have one permanent, full-time position as well as one temporary assignment of less than 6 months, with the possibility of an extension or permanent employment.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Superintendent Maintenance, Shift:
- Completed post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in a mechanical, electrical or electronics field.
- Experience leading a team in an industrial maintenance environment (preferably unionized), primarily working on inspection and repair of material handling systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee health and safety.
- Knowledge of health and safety best practices and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and commitment to quality.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, conflict resolution, relationship management, coaching and teamwork skills.
- Availability to work the evening or night shift.
- Ability to undertake a moderate amount of travel.
· Bilingualism (oral French and English) at the intermediate level.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for one of these two full-time positions (Job ID 12673) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.