Kontron Canada is looking for a candidate with bold ideas and a pioneering spirit. This is to invent the future in terms of how the embedded computers will evolve.
Our corporate culture is nourished by intellectual curiosity, innovation, the work you put into practice and which pushes you to implement solutions that seem impossible for others.
Our employees define the basics of the onboard computer from yesterday to ... what you see in the future. Our main products are deployed in systems in the Internet base, they are liquid cooled in autonomous vehicles, they serve nursing stations in the medical sector, they assist truck fleets for real-time monitoring and finally they are deployed in 5G technology.
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you have a solid knowledge of Linux operating systems. In addition, you will be able to innovate every day in order to find quick and easy solutions for technologies that are on the "Edge". You will be responsible for discovering how to run the onboard computer at the operating system level by integrating the drivers as well as developing test optimization scripts for these systems.
If you are interested in innovation, teamwork, development, integration, and implementation of solutions for these cutting edge areas and you are talented, creative, leader, passionate about technology and best practices related to integration, then this position is tailor-made for you.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHALLENGES AHEAD:
- You will execute the integration of solutions with software and hardware from in-house or from third parties (analysis of requirements, design, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation and support);
- You will carry out the integration and adaptation of the components of the systems to meet the requirements of functionality, stability, performance and reliability of the solutions;
- You will contribute to the “test cases” of the automated test system to cover new functionalities, with a functional / customer-oriented test approach;
- You will perform a detailed definition of the customer's proof of concept and their acceptability criteria via the “Quick Prototype Process (QPP)”;
- You will support the deployment and the support of the Symlab (Openstack);
- You will perform OS certification on Kontron hardware including: VMware, Microsoft, RedHat, Ubuntu, SUSE;
- You will interact with internal customer support and R&D groups to resolve integration issues in the development of solutions or released products;
YOU WILL IMPRESS US IF YOU HAVE:
- Studies: Technical in computer science; Bachelor of Engineering;
- Experience: Ideally a minimum of 3 years;
- Knowledge: Experience in a development or integration environment for systems, electronic boards and / or software; knowledge of virtualization environments like VMware, Azure; management of customer requirements, management of subcontractors; adaptation of drivers in a Linux environment;
- Experience: Python development, Scripting (bash), Ansible, Ansible, Boot From Lan, PXE boot, VLAN; hands-on development and debugging experience with various distributions of Linux, Windows, Suse, Ubuntu;
- Profile: Autonomy, teamwork, communication skills, rigor, determination, sense of responsibility and customer orientation;
- Assets: Knowledge of Agile methodology. Cisco CCNA course, network configuration knowledge, Bitbucket, NodeJS, Postgresql, VueJS, ReactJS, Docker;
- Languages: French and English (speaking and writing).
HOW ABOUT AN EXCEPTIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDING:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- Good balance between work-family-personal life;
- Social and sports activities, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path in various sectors of activity;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…