BREAKFAST CLUB OF CANADA IS LOOKING FOR ALLIES
For 24 years, Breakfast Club of Canada has been nourishing children’s potential by making sure as many of them as possible have access to a healthy morning meal before school in an environment that allows their self-esteem to grow and flourish. The Club is much more than a breakfast program: we take a broader approach that promotes the core values of engagement, enrichment and empowerment, and we team up with communities and local partners to develop solutions adapted to the specific needs of each program.
Breakfast Club of Canada brings together hundreds of thousands of children and volunteers who connect every morning over breakfast. Thanks to its 24 years of experience, the Club has developed a robust network of national brand partners as well as a roster of inﬂuencers. Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for candidates who are ready to engage and innovate in all areas of their fields of expertise.
INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED?
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire a Warehouse and Supply Manager. The successful candidate must be experienced, organized and resourceful, with good judgment and decision-making skills. Reporting to the National Program Director, the incumbent plans, organizes, manages and tracks activities related to the procurement, retrieval, receipt, storage, preparation and delivery of food, products and equipment used by school breakfast programs. In the medium term, they will also be in charge of automating warehouse workflows.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and optimization of all processes along the supply chain in order to support the organization’s growth; define indicators to measure performance;
- Improve employee engagement around strategic priorities and current projects;
- Train assigned staff in job duties, safety standards (CNESST) and the organization’s policies;
- Plan the movement of goods throughout the province, from procurement to distribution;
- Oversee the quality of the food shipped to schools in accordance with the rules set by the Club and MAPAQ regulations;
- Maintain good relationships with food suppliers and transportation companies;
- Work in collaboration/consultation with the Program Support Manager to make plans for annual growth;
- Carry out other tasks to assist the Club.
- Training in supply chain management and logistics;
- Eight to ten years of experience, including at least five years in distribution centre management;
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered;
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices in procurement and logistics;
- High level of familiarity with the food and distribution sectors;
- Fluency in spoken French and English is a must and in written French and English, an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains);
- Must pass a police record and background check.
- Must subscribe to the Club’s values (children first, passion, empowerment, leadership and transparency);
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Talent for planning, analysis, negotiation and organization;
- Excellent judgment and good decision-making skills;
- Strong sense of discipline and the ability to organize and prioritize tasks while under pressure and meet key deadlines;
- Independence and initiative;
- Creativity and flexibility;
- Drive, professionalism and versatility;
- Focus on results;
- Ability to work in a team and with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Permanent, full-time position;
- Work location: at Boucherville headquarters in warehouse;
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday, 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.;
- Start date: August 2019.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.