Performs various technical work involving the calibration, maintenance, repair and design of building control equipment.
- Verifies the operation of control, measurement and remote transmission devices of the mechanical systems of buildings.
- Prepares sketches and preliminary estimates and submits recommendations to his supervisor to improve the systems and processes in use.
- Performs the programming of automated building systems and the design of the centralized building system of the Public Works Department (ventilation, heating, air conditioning).
- Inspects the installations and ensures that they are executed according to plans and specifications.
- If needed, provide technical support to electricians or other specialized staff when specific work requires their expertise.
- Guide, inform and introduce specialized employees (mechanics, refrigeration engineers, pipefitters, electricians) to new technologies and working methods.
- Gets from suppliers all the information needed to choose the right materials or parts.
- At all times, may be required to perform emergency repairs on various electronic and / or electro-mechanical devices.
The desired profile
Ø Education acquired at the end of a college diploma in the field of industrial electronics;
Ø Have three (3) years of experience relevant to the position, as described in the summary above;
Ø Possess a Health and Safety on Construction Site (SST) card
Ø Possess a class 5 driving license.
Here's what we offer:
A work schedule of 4 days a week (33 hours) from Monday to Thursday from 7:15 am to 4 pm to reconcile work and personal life;
Competitive total compensation;
Easily accessible work place and free parking.
The City of Laval is always looking for competent and dynamic professionals who want to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
Take part in the change now and apply online by July 2, 2019 by visiting our website:
The City of Laval has an employment equity program. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about any special arrangements you may need, should you be invited to a selection process.