The Montreal School Board (CSDM) has a real estate portfolio valued at more than $ 2 billion, for which an ambitious renovation and renovation program has been put in place. Indeed, as part of its plan to increase construction projects, it invests more than $ 300 million annually for the rehabilitation, expansion of its buildings and the construction of new schools. It also implements a variety of programs including energy efficiency, building accessibility for people with disabilities, soil remediation and air quality.
Learn more , see the CSDM and Info-Travaux sections and the CSDM website.
Advantages of being a building technician at the CSDM:
- Stimulating and dynamic work environment.
- Work schedule is from Monday to Friday (35 hours / week).
- Continuing Education Program.
- Very attractive pension fund
- Group insurance (drugs, life, dental, etc.)
- Disease days, several public holidays.
- Six (6) weeks of vacation.
The CSDM is looking for a building mechanics technician - control panel (automatic control) for its project office .
Description and main r Responsibilities and Tasks
The mechanical technician must ensure that construction projects in automatic regulation comply with the standards of the CSDM. He (she) collaborates with project managers to verify and ensure the quality of deliverables at all stages of a project, from the design to the delivery of the work by the contractor.
p> More specifically, the technician is responsible for:
- Checking and commenting the plans and specifications of automatic regulation (mechanics) of external firms at different stages of design to ensure compliance with the CSDM standards and requirements
- Check the programming of construction projects.
- For some construction work, follow the automatic regulation work.
- For asset maintenance projects, familiarize yourself with the mechanical systems of the existing building concerned and assist colleagues to establish the works.
- Collaborate with and assist extension and rehabilitation project managers for regulating subjects automa
- Participate in design and construction meetings dealing with mechanics.
- Work closely with the engineer responsible for mechanical standards.
- Participate in Mechanical training given by the contractor.
- At the construction stage, ensure that you obtain the ERE documents (Test, Adjustment and Balancing) and ensure the quality of the documents.
- Coordinate and monitor the commissioning firm throughout the process (including the first year of data collection).
- Acts as a consultant within the department. Advises and guides the project teams of space additions and asset maintenance in the choice of concepts related to energy saving. Ensures compliance with energy efficiency standards by external consultants.
- Establish reference operation sequences.
- Set up energy monitoring tools for buildings and proceed. recommendations for system optimization.
- Perform other related duties related to the function.
Meet the following three (3) criteria:
- Hold a college diploma in technology of building mechanics.
- Minimum of two years of experience.
- Special requirement
- Hold a permit to drive and have access to a vehicle to travel.
Hourly wages are $ 22.74 per person up to $ 31.99 depending on qualifications and experience.
Contract Project Items Renewable Annually, Minimally until June 30 2021.
The project positions in the Material Resources Service are planned for four years with the possibility of extension.
Entry into office: as soon as possible.
To send the following documents by e-mail:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Diploma *