TECHNICIAN (S) SEWERS AND AQUEDUC
The challenges ahead
Under the authority of the Division Manager, the Sewer and Waterworks Technician performs a variety of work of a technical nature, including the inspection of service entrance connections and drainage systems according to the standards and regulations in force. . Also performs various technical and analytical work, surveys and inspections necessary for the preparation of technical compliance or non-compliance reports for various facilities related to wastewater collection systems, the drinking water distribution network and service entries.
- Analyzes and processes, in accordance with the procedures in force, the requests for complaints following sewer backups, validates the respect of the installations with the regulations in force and submits a report to its superior for approval;
- Performs inspection of service entrance connections, land drainage systems, and inspection of driveway construction and municipal service movements in accordance with applicable standards and regulations and submits to its supervisor report on his observations and inspections;
- Ensure compliance with municipal bylaws and provincial and federal regulations;
- Undertakes various investigations and investigations to trace contaminations following reverse connections, determine the source of contamination in storm sewer systems and assess the number of residences and determine if City responsibility;
- Develops content and writes various reports of a technical and administrative nature based on the different standards and regulations in force;
The desired profile
- Education acquired at the end of a college diploma (DEC) in civil engineering;
- Have forty (2) and two (2) months of experience relevant to the position, as described in the summary above, primarily in maintenance on the sewer and water systems and excellent analytical skills for be able to diagnose;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Possess ASP building certificate for health and general safety on construction sites;
- Good communication skills in both oral and written French;
- Strong ability to work in a team;
- Ability to write reports of a technical nature based on the different standards and regulations in force;
- Excellent customer service, for example, to provide the public, contractors, utilities or other applicants with technical information;
- Great sense of ethics, integrity and rigor;
- Mastery of ESRI - ARC GIS suite software, Autocad and the Office suite would be an asset.
Here's what we offer
- A permanent position;
- A work schedule of 4 days a week;
- Competitive global compensation;
- A full range of benefits;
- An easily accessible workplace.
The City of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This evolution brings great challenges and raises important issues.
In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval initiative, which allowedto develop the strategic vision of our city: urban by nature in 2035. This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today. Working at the Ville de Laval is believing in this vision. It is putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It is working with dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in the change.
Apply before July 5, 2019, by visiting
The City of Laval operates an Equal Opportunity Employment Program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about any special arrangements that may be necessary if you are invited to a selection process.