The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the Island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33,000. The City of Côte Saint-Luc is proud to provide its residents with high quality services at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking for a Telecom Attendant – On Call.
The work consists of receiving, recording and transmitting over the telephone, radio transceiver or teletypewriter complaints and requests from the City’s central office, the public and municipal employees concerning the activities of a service, division or section.
EXAMPLES OF ACCOMPLISHED TASKS
1. Receives and transmits instructions, information on the progress of the work or any other subject by telephone, radiotelephone or teletypewriter.
2. Retransmits to the right person, according to priority, by means of radiotelephone, telephone or teletypewriter, the calls received.
3. Records the nature of all calls, the time of receipt and other relevant information on a card and follows up; take the necessary steps to have these calls recorded automatically.
4. Monitors alarm consoles (fire, theft, pump, power, etc. for municipal buildings) and notifies the persons concerned of the alarm being triggered.
5. Seek out to the organizations concerned any complaint that concerns them.
6. Receives from the public phone calls concerning the condition of the streets, breaks in water pipes, breakdowns in the lighting system, signaling or any other defect or complaint related to municipal services or other public services .
7. Receives and retransmits to certain persons the appeals of certain employees who are absent from work.
8. Compiles data and prepares statistics related to its activities.
9. Uses, as needed, various office automation devices to perform certain job-related tasks while using appropriate programming.
10. Perform any other related tasks.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: One year of experience in a job allowing the holder to become familiar with the field of employment
Bilingualism, spoken and written. No legal record Ability to handle stress Available to work nights, including weekends Ease of communication, diplomacy
N.B. You may be required to write an oral and / or written proficiency test.
Send your resume and cover letter by email to:
We thank the candidates for their interest; however, only the candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Opportunity Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities are invited to tell us about their specific needs in order to plan accommodations for the selection process. In addition, the City recognizes the degrees and relevant experience obtainedoutside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative evaluation of studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.