Come and make a difference in a modern, booming city that cares about its citizens. Would you like to obtain a stable job in an environment where teamwork, training and employee safety are a priority? Join us!
For its Public Works Department, the City of Laval is looking for:
VEHICLE AND EQUIPMENT MECHANICS
The challenges that await you:
You will be called upon to perform various mechanical repair work on all types of motor vehicles, equipment and devices.
The profile sought :
- Possess a diploma of professional studies (DEP) in heavy vehicle mechanics or heavy machinery;
- Have a PEP card (preventive maintenance program) issued by the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec;
- Hold an environmental qualification certificate, category H3 - vehicles;
- Be skilled in diagnosing mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems and in carrying out repairs on all types of motorized equipment;
- Possess a class 5 driving license in accordance with the requirements of the Société de la automobile insurance of Quebec;
- Have no legal impediment in connection with employment, this will also be checked before hiring.
Work schedule (36 hours / week) - Three possibilities:
- Weekend: Friday to Sunday from 7 am to 7 pm;
- Week: Monday to Thursday from 6.30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Week: Monday to Thursday from 3 p.m. to midnight.
The selection process:
- Includes in particular, an interview, a practical test, the taking of references and a medical examination.
- A salary starting at $ 28.65 an hour.
Ville de Laval is committed to providing its employees with a healthy and safe work, therefore, as part of our drug and alcohol policy, we apply the principle of zero tolerance for high-risk functions.
The City de Laval is constantly looking for professional s competent and dynamic who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
Take part in the change now and apply online, before April 2, 2021 by visiting the
Ville de Laval applies an equal access employment program. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.