Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at
Why Choose BGIS?
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, we hire the best and brightest to inspire change for a sustainable future and drive innovation through best practices and technology within our communities and the real estate management services industry.
At BGIS, you will be part of a diverse, team-oriented workplace, with opportunities to drive your career development forward. Our goal is to ensure that our workforce is a reflection of the diversity that exists within the community in which we operate and serve. We offer a competitive and value-driven compensation and benefits package, great employee programs, a healthy work life balance, and more. Join our team and become part of a leading global corporate real estate company today!
The Technician Roving – CCQ Refrigeration Specialist is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, routine and on-demand services on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems for multiple facilities. The Roving Technician – CCQ Refrigeration Specialist is also responsible for performing work in accordance with established processes and practices and for complying with internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
At this position level:
Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems for multiple facilities Trades certification or license in one or more of the following – required:
Journeyman level Refrigeration license – Compagnon Frigoriste CCQ
Job titles covered by this job description: Tech IV (Roving)- Refrigeration
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Subject to legislative licensing requirements and company policy:
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance activities at various facilities, requiring driving of vehicle to different sites
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection
- Performs regular facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facilities are maintained.
- Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides recommendations for enhancement and repair.
- Monitors assigned facilities by conducting facility walkthroughs, mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems.
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality and contract response requirements
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to authorize or obtain formal approval of work required.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliant with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment
- Must be able and willing to drive to and perform work at multiple sites
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High school completion plus a specialized technical or business course
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than three years up to five years
Knowledge & Skills
- More than 4 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience
- High school diploma plus trades training and licensing
- Advanced ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Advanced ability to maintain and repair mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution skills in order to determine and resolve building mechanical and electrical equipment and system issues
- Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards
- Possesses a strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Bilingual: French and English, written and spoken
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Journeyman level Refrigeration license – HVAC – CCQ Compagnon
- Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements
- Valid drivers’ license